1. Search the Internet* and utilize the resources of the school library
for materials on Puerto Rico.
2. Once you have collected the relevant information, organize it into
book form. This book will be a keepsake for the
3. Students will explore two English websites dedicated to Puerto Rico
and its culture. These sites include extensive
information of a variety of subjects.
- The first site, El Boricua, provides an in-depth view of Puerto Rican
culture and includes folk songs, poems, Puerto Rican black history and
culture, extensive information on the Taíno Indians of Puerto Rico,
and a food section, with recipes. This site also includes a section
for children called BoricuaKids.
- The second site is Welcome to Puerto Rico, which includes information
about the economy, history, and government of Puerto Rico, along with
biographies of famous Puerto Ricans. There are also pages on the different
towns of Puerto Rico, with details and facts about the history of the
* The links listed here are websites we trust to be safe for students.
here to view and print a student copy of Research Instructions